Happy Friday Friends!
As the start of February is upon us, I am reflecting back on the past month with an immense amount of gratitude.
What Worked in January:
- Surrendering every area my life to God and trusting Him worked. It created inexplicable peace within me and gave me joy unlike anything I have ever experienced before. I was mindful about giving Him: my health (especially my back), my shop, my blog, my future husband, my loved ones, and my education.
- Writing more and sharing my heart through words worked. Through journaling, blogging and writing my story, I gained perspective and clarity on my purpose, where I am in life and the direction of my heart. When I started this blog a month ago, I was weary of putting myself and my thoughts out there. It has been well-worth it and I have enjoyed the experience so far.
- Giving more glory to God worked. I have become less shy about sharing my faith with others and using my influence to share His love. Inspiring others through my growing faith has had a profound impact on my heart this month.
- Starting each day in the Word worked. I enjoyed completing the Fresh Start reading plan through She Reads Truth. My small group studied scripture on guarding our hearts and later began the book of Luke, which has been awesome. During downtime, I enjoyed the book of Ruth this month, as well as exploring some of the letters, such as Romans and Philippians.
- Facing my fear of surgery and moving forward with scheduling appointments to make it happen and finally kick this pain worked. While I am afraid, I am excited to gain strength again and not hurt any longer.
- Making new friends and trying to break out of my shy shell worked this month. My heart is full from new friends and fellowship. I tried to be more intentional about connecting with others, listening to them, being present, and enjoying their company. My phone has been used a lot less this month as I have enjoyed a lot more interaction with people in person instead of through a screen. I’m loving it.
- Cleaning, organizing, and simplifying all of my spaces worked this month. I have really been enjoying having zero clutter around. I am able to think more clearly and be more productive now.
- Making gifts for friends worked this month because it fills my heart to the brim. Since I am trying not to spend money, I have become more resourceful and have come to really enjoy making gifts for friends with materials that I have on hand.
- Engaging with others through their blogs worked this month, leading me to meet new people and find new February opportunities such as the Overcome the Lie 40 Day Challenge, and the A Place to Dwell book club.
What Didn’t Work in January:
- Lacking intention and consistency with prayer this month did not work. I felt scatter-brained a lot of the time rather than focused.
- Not filling my body with clean, whole foods did not work this month. I didn’t eat very well and hydrate this month, which left me feeling sluggish a lot of the time.
- Procrastinating getting an oil change did not work this month because I feel like my car is about to die.
- Not having a plan for new products and prints within my shop did not work this month. While I did introduce new items, I did not have a consistency with it and I would like to be more intentional about that in February.
January, I have appreciated every sweet moment of you and this joyful month.
1. walking in the snow to help my back – 2. handmade cards for loved ones – 3. playing cranium with dear friends – 4. more handmade cards – 5. lots of quality time spent with my grandparents – 6. a clean, simplified, cozy space – 7. handmade journals for my small group sisters – 8. new scripture prints – 9. my first green smoothie – 10. early mornings spent in scripture – 11. starting Luke with my small group sisters – 12. changing my blog name to my name – 13. digging into scripture and pulling out truths – 14. game night with amazing church friends – 15. journaling and tea – 16. breath-taking sunsets – 17. finding peace in the Word – 18. writing and sharing my heart on my blog
I am excited to see what goodness February brings and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!