We are a week into September and I’m quickly learning the importance of organization and being a good steward of my time. On Wednesday, I returned to school for the first time in two years. It has been an adjustment to add ‘student’ to my already-existing roles of small business owner, youth group leader, church production team member, blogger, self-taught designer, daughter, sister, and friend. Since the start of the month:
- I went to Portsmouth with my mom for dinner and we overlooked the ocean as we ate
- One of my good friends got engaged (!!!)
- I attended class for the first time since May of 2012 (I will have an associates degree in December. From there I might pursue a bachelor’s degree locally or look into school/work in the south)
- I had the blessing of attending Design Your Life and hearing Katherine Lee speak on dreams, lifestyle, and legacy
- I went peach picking for the first time and made homemade peach cobbler
- My county had a tornado warning (very unusual for New England!)
- I tried Indian food for the first time
- Business has been great in my shop over the past week. God is good!
This week it is my goal to break my work into smaller, more manageable pieces and to gain momentum that will help me to make the most of the upcoming months. Fall is my most favorite time of year until Christmas, after all!
I hope you are enjoying the freshness of this time of year and I look forward to sharing my journey with school and life over the upcoming months.