I am excited to share my 2017 reading list today for two reasons: posting a reading list is one of my 101 in 1001 goals, and I’ve already finished my first book of the year! I have never been a habitual reader before but want to instill the discipline of reading a little bit each weekday for the sake of personal growth and edification.
My reading goal for 2017 is to read 12 books and I plan to cover at least one book from each of the areas below, inspired by this post from my friend Nancy. There are at least 20 books on this list because I haven’t yet decided which 12 I will read, but they all look so good!
– Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
– Renewing Your Mind by R.C. Sproul
– Weird by Craig Groeschel
– Crash the Chatterbox by Steven Furtick
– The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
– Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
Marriage & Family
– His Needs, Her Needs by Willard F. Harley Jr
– The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
– The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
– Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts by Les and Leslie Parrott
Personal & Intellectual Development
– The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
– The One Thing by Gary Keller
– Margin by Richard Swenson
– The Finishing School by Valerie Woerner
– Manage Your Day to Day by Jocelyn Glei
Have you read any of the books above? Share in the comments below!
this post contains affiliate links