1. While I don’t regularly follow football, the Patriots are in the Super Bowl this weekend, which is really exciting here in NH! This picture of Martellus Bennett dancing after the AFC championship last Sunday is my favorite (source – view the clip here). There is a buzz in the air among New Englanders, with Super Bowl party prep in full swing. My work is having a ‘wear your Patriots gear’ to work day today so I’m wearing a cute new navy tunic from Kohl’s with gray leggings. Go Patriots!
2. I made some fresh fruit salsa and cinnamon chips for a work party yesterday and they were such a hit! I had planned to make the salsa ahead of time and purchase some Stacey’s cinnamon pita chips to pair with it, but the grocery store was out so I made my own. When I was on my way out for the night, I realized that one of my coworkers had come by my desk while I was on a call and taken the chips to his desk to snack on with other people from the floor, and people were asking for the recipe – surely a crowd pleaser! The recipe for both can be found here (I swapped the kiwis for a mango and used strawberry preserves).
3. On a recent Saturday morning, I treated myself by going out for breakfast at one of my favorite local cafes. I brought my laptop and notebook and ended up getting some blog posts written and made a shopping list for the week ahead, which helped me feel prepared and rested for the remainder of the weekend. It was such a treat to enjoy a scrumptious sandwich, enjoy quiet time, and do some weekly prep at the start of the weekend. I highly recommend carving out time for such things!
4. Dillon and I have been taking care to balance the weeks we go out for date night and those in which we stay in. It helps us get creative with new meal ideas and honor our budget at the same time. For one of our ‘staying in for dinner’ dates, we enjoyed taco salad with his family and then went out afterward for an evening drive to talk and enjoy quality time, just us. We ended up making an impromptu trip to a local diner and split a milkshake, and we left a 100% tip which was SO fun. It’s such a joy to bless others, and we had such a great time doing something so simple and inexpensive. Shown above, we were trying to put straws together to make one long one. We are five years old sometimes and I love it!
5. A couple weeks into January, Dillon and I spotted Christmas lights during our date night. While many people do not approve of Christmas décor after New Years, I asked Dillon to pull over so we could take a moment to savor the remaining twinkly lights. White string lights are my favorite and I plan to string them around my workspace to add warmth and cheer once I can pick up a new strand from Target!
What are y’all up to this weekend? Share in the comments below!
View all of my Friday posts here.