Last night was so good for my spirit! While much of New England dealt with power outages and storm cleanup, my family and I made memories. A strong storm swept through our area throughout Sunday night with super strong wind and rain. Power outages are still widespread through much of the region, including at my parents’ home. Thankfully, Dillon and I never lost power!
While Dillon rested last night from a rough cold he’s been fighting, I accompanied my mom on some errands. Our first stop was Sam’s Club, which was running on generators. The store was so dark but surprisingly busy. We stocked up on yummy essentials and made our way to check out just as they decided to close the store. Perfect timing! It was quite a sight to shop a half-powered store with a pitch black parking lot.
1. Dillon and I had a breakfast date to Cracker Barrel on Friday afternoon, followed by a trip to the pumpkin stand! I picked up a maple lollipop for the ride home and it was SO good. I love fall in New England!
2. My sweet friend Lara and her team at Cultivate What Matters launched the 2018 PowerSheets this week! Purchase yours here and read more about how I use them here.
3. Dillon and I started a sugar fast on Sunday and it has been going very well! I am going to share a post next week about the foods I’ve been preparing to kept us from feeling deprived. They’ve been a huge game changer!
4. I am working on a very special project and have been so inspired lately! I made a vision board on Wednesday to guide the direction of my project and it got me all fired up about what’s to come.
5. My friend Jess launched her new book this week! I got to work with her while interning for the Influence Network in 2015 and she has such a heart for the Lord. I’m excited to pick up my copy!
What are y’all up to this weekend? Share in the comments below!
View all of my Friday posts here.
This post is so very dear to my heart. Those closest to me know that running has been a long-held dream of mine that seemed out of my reach for so long. Thankfully, I am now a runner! I am still very new to running and at a beginner level, but I’m getting better!
It all began in late July when Dillon was training for Reach the Beach, an overnight relay. He set out for a run one Sunday night and for the first time ever, something completely shifted in my spirit. Previously, I would see runners out and about and automatically write it off as something I couldn’t accomplish. That Sunday evening, everything changed.
I closed my laptop, dug out some workout clothes, and tied up my four year old, beat-up Asics. I set out with the intent to merely complete the workout, with no expectation of pace or distance. My first ‘run’ was a 1.5 mile combination of walking and jogging, but I completed it and I was proud of myself. To some, that might seem like hardly a run, but it was the first step in the right direction. This little step ultimately changed my entire view of my physical ability for the better.
I started to gain more motivation to lace up my shoes and really press into this new habit. I faithfully stretched, used my foam roller, and hydrated through those hot summer days. At the beginning of August, I invested in a new pair of running shoes, my first pair of Brooks. Having structured shoes that are not overly worn has been a game changer for me!