Happy August, Friends! This has been such a gentle summer here in New Hampshire, with temperatures in the 70s more days than I can count! As I write this, I have both windows open in our living room and there’s a lovely breeze passing right through. Mornings are my favorite, but weather like this makes them even better!
July was a month of stepping out in growth. I gradually introduced running into my life and am loving every minute of it. Dillon and I successfully created and honored our first budget together – I’m so proud of us! I was given a public speaking opportunity at work and pressed into growth in a big way through it. I was blessed to have a virtual coffee date with my sweet friend Nancy and took so much wisdom away from her words. Dillon and I spent lots of time with family and friends while keeping our calendars from becoming chaotic. I started school again and have an A in my class. This past month was full and so good!
August 2017 Goals:
– wake up every weekday at 6am
– hang truth on our walls – this didn’t happen in July!
– continue with running intervals 3x/week
– begin blogging our wedding and the planning process!
– complete three workout videos each week
– finish Start, Cultivate, and Eat Move Sleep
– read The One Thing
– legally change my last name – Facebook doesn’t count!
– send all our wedding thank you notes
– borrow my friend’s DSLR camera and practice shooting manual
– replace my running shoes
– do daily core strengthening
What do y’all have planned for August? Share a few of your goals in the comments below so I can cheer you on!
Hooray! I am delighted to share my July 2017 goals with y’all! It has been a couple months since I have logged my goals here, and I’m already fired up about July. God set a fire in my heart in June. As I shared on Wednesday, I have been filled with so much vision since our wedding day.
via The Everygirl
My goals for July involve taking good care of myself, unifying with Dillon as a team, and further settling our home. I am so grateful to be able to make time for what matters most!
July 2017 Goals:
– pray daily for Dillon and for God’s vision for our family
– host two game nights in our apartment
– implement the envelope system
– change gyms
– hang truth on our walls
– finish The Magnolia Story
– create a chalkboard wall in our apartment
– read Cultivate
– begin weekly meetings with Dillon (inspired by this post)
– get into a routine with exercise
– honor my bedtime
– do daily core strengthening
– buy a dresser for our bedroom
What do y’all have planned for July? Share a few of your goals in the comments below so I can cheer you on!
Happy April, friends! I have missed writing in this sweet little space over the past few weeks. March was unexpectedly full! I turned 25, we found our apartment (YAY!) made lots of progress with wedding planning, and I got to catch up with lots of dear friends. While I didn’t post here as much as I’d planned, I am thankful for all the sweet memories made.
I think of April as the month of getting the majority of our remaining to-dos finished. Being nearly two weeks into the month already, this has held true so far. Dillon and I are going on a week-long vacation with my family early in May, and he moves into our apartment right after that. Since we are planning our wedding entirely on our own, without a planner, I have designated this month for wrapping up the details. I would like to have everything finished or delegated by the time we leave for vacation, so April is sure to be a productive month!
source: Cultivate What Matters
My goals for this month are focused primarily on organizing, planning, and prep-work for May and June. Things are coming together little-by-little, and I’m so very grateful for all the help of our friends and family in that!
April 2017 Goals:
– de-clutter and organize my bedroom, donating or tossing unnecessary items
– finish planning our wedding, delegating and assigning any outstanding tasks
– create a fun countdown for the savings goal that Dillon and I set together
– simplify my bathroom closet and pantry, keeping only items I will bring with me to our apartment
– buy the New Morning Mercies devotional
– savor every moment of my bridal shower
– plan my packing list for Bermuda and shop for new pieces, as needed
– fill out my prayer journal with thoughtful requests for the month and pray through it each week
– do some form of pampering for myself each week
What do y’all have planned for April? Share a few of your goals in the comments below so I can cheer you on!