Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!
It’s here y’all! The arrival of September is highly anticipated each year, welcoming crisp evenings, the start of fall programming at church and the beginning of football season (an absolute event in the Fetzner household), Dillon’s birthday, and all the general loveliness that comes from fall in New England. To say I am delighted would be an understatement, friends, and I am eagerly awaiting all the pumpkin treats that will soon be popping up all around. To make the most of this sweet time, my goals for this month are mostly focused on savoring the season and establishing a solid routine to carry through the rest of the year.
August Goals in Review:
– buy a travel coffee mug
– buy and start taking a multivitamin again I’m going to cross this off because I have been consistently looking for this product. I only found my preferred brand at Whole Foods and it was much more expensive than on Amazon, so I will likely be ordering it there.
– start a home base binder-inspired system I planned out the binder contents, printed several sheets from the Emily Ley Printable Library, and found the binder I would like to purchase, but decided to hold off on implementing this system until I am preparing to establish my own home next year.
– research essential oils that can be added to drinking water I did a bit of research and found a few oils from doTERRA that looked yummy, but I’ve decided to stick to the basics and toss slices of lemon or fresh fruit into my water for the time being.
– finish Emotionally Healthy Spirituality and read Boundaries Progress, not perfection.
– stretch and foam roll daily I did so well with this and my body is much better for it!
– organize my bathroom drawer I almost purchased a drawer organizer at Target but because I will be moving out next year, I think it’s best to hold off until I know what the set-up will be there. I only keep my toothbrush and bag of floss picks in the drawer anyway.
– clean out my desk drawers This project yielded lots of craft supplies to pass down to Dillon’s younger sisters. Double win!
– pray through each of my 100 prayers weekly
– design and post a few inspiration boards
– choose and buy stationery for a sweet snail-mail project I have planned for September I think I’m going to be holding off to send these until after my trip in October, but I have my eye on this darling set of notecards.
– write and add an ‘about me’ page to this blog I published this yesterday! It can be found here.
– have five servings of greens each week
– participate in Blog-tember (I’ve set a goal of doing 80% of the prompts to give myself some freedom to choose the posts that most excite me)
– finish Boundaries (carry-over from August) and choose another book to read
– treat myself to a Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks and sit down to enjoy it
– buy three new pieces for my closet
– light a fall candle and enjoy quiet time for a bit each day