Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!
Maybe it’s something that is realized as we get older, but this is the first year where I am really noticing the sentimentality of Christmastime. The classic carols playing on the radio, the same ornaments we’ve been placing on our tree since I was a little girl, the scents of nutmeg and cinnamon and pine, the twinkle of lights throughout my neighborhood, and most importantly the story of our Savior’s birth. It’s the one month a year where everyone comes together to gather, celebrate, and sprinkle more festivity on every corner of the community. I’m keeping my goals short and simple this month as I focus on sharing time with loved ones.
November Goals in Review:
– bake pumpkin muffins for the children’s ministry team at church (I bought the ingredients but Dillon helped me realize the night before that the children’s ministry team is much larger than I’d planned for!)
– order personal stationery
– set a wedding date
– discuss and plan an engagement reading list with Dillon (we’ve talked about it but haven’t made our list)
– book our wedding photographer (I had a phone consultation with our first pick!)
– get 120 minutes of elliptical time in per week (I truthfully didn’t do this one, but Dillon acquired an elliptical machine for me last weekend and I’ve already made use of it!)
– invite my bridesmaids to stand alongside me (I’m working on a special project to do this)
– watch the Gilmore Girls revival
– savor every page of Southern Weddings V9
– read the story of the birth of Jesus in each of the respective Gospels
– have quality time with God by the tree five mornings a week
– assist Ruthie at a wedding in Rhode Island
– start a Christmas tradition with Dillon’s younger sisters
– sip peppermint hot cocoa
– link up with Victoria and Sarah for some of their fun Christmas blog post prompts
– take a Christmas light tour
What do y’all have planned for December?