Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!
1. On Saturday I went into Boston to meet up with two of my sweet friends for a day of celebrating Christmas in the city. Y’all, we’ve been friends for seventeen years! We met in our second-grade class and were inseparable throughout the rest of elementary, middle, and high school. We started our day having breakfast at Union Cafe in Allston and then took the T to the SOWA Holiday Market. After shopping for a bit and warming up in line at Starbucks, we strolled the shops of Newbury Street (and even popped into the Taj hotel to see their Christmas decor).
2. Later on Saturday, Dillon and I made gingerbread houses with two of our sweet friends from church. We had so much fun designing our little homes and seeing each other’s creativity shine through the process.
3. Earlier this week, Dillon and I met up at the end of the day to build a snowman in a nearby town square. It was chilly and the snow wasn’t very sticky, but we had so much fun making snow angels and crafting this little guy with the bit of sticky snow we could find. The glow of Christmas lights in town was magical!
4. I have grown to really enjoy one of my December goals of sharing time with God by the tree in the morning. I’ve been reading through the nativity story in Luke this week and really liked reading Mary’s song to God when she realized she would be the mother of Jesus.
5. We had our student ministry Christmas party on Wednesday night and I happened to find Santa in the church lobby! I suddenly became a five-year-old girl again and felt all festive and excited. I know that many families approach Santa differently, but my parents did such a good job with it when I was little that it still holds some of the magic that it used to!
View all of my Friday posts here.