Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!

pour yourself a cup of coffee and

stay a while!

daily life

August 1, 2017

August 2017 Goals

Happy August, Friends! This has been such a gentle summer here in New Hampshire, with temperatures in the 70s more days than I can count! As I write this, I have both windows open in our living room and there’s a lovely breeze passing right through. Mornings are my favorite, but weather like this makes them even better!

August 2017 Goals

July was a month of stepping out in growth. I gradually introduced running into my life and am loving every minute of it. Dillon and I successfully created and honored our first budget together – I’m so proud of us! I was given a public speaking opportunity at work and pressed into growth in a big way through it. I was blessed to have a virtual coffee date with my sweet friend Nancy and took so much wisdom away from her words. Dillon and I spent lots of time with family and friends while keeping our calendars from becoming chaotic. I started school again and have an A in my class. This past month was full and so good!

August 2017 Goals:

– wake up every weekday at 6am
– hang truth on our walls – this didn’t happen in July!
– continue with running intervals 3x/week
– begin blogging our wedding and the planning process!
– complete three workout videos each week
– finish Start, Cultivate, and Eat Move Sleep
– read The One Thing
– legally change my last name – Facebook doesn’t count!
– send all our wedding thank you notes
– borrow my friend’s DSLR camera and practice shooting manual
– replace my running shoes
– do daily core strengthening

What do y’all have planned for August? Share a few of your goals in the comments below so I can cheer you on!

Kindly Leave a Reply

1. Em

August 1st, 2017 at 1:46 pm

I am jealous of your mild summer – and looking forward to cooler temps in Maine on our vacation this month!

2. Kyla

August 1st, 2017 at 5:00 pm

New England has been truly delightful this summer! Y’all are in for a treat 🙂

3. Emily

August 1st, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Kyla, what a great list of goals! I’m heading back to school in August as well, so one of my biggest goals is to create a budget for the semester and stick to it. I’m also looking forward to seeing my friends and taking more classes, but I don’t want to let the workload and excitement make me “too busy” to enjoy quiet time. Finally, I want to keep progressing through my summer reading list and finish a few more books!

4. Kyla

August 1st, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Love these, Miles! Dillon and I use EveryDollar.com and it is so helpful for creating a budget 🙂

5. Diana Kerr

August 1st, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Girl, I love reading your goals! They always give me so many great ideas. Can’t wait to hear what you think of The ONE Thing! Also, tell me how you learned about/are going to learn about shooting manually, because we have a nice camera but I just always use it on Auto! haha That’s been a goal of mine as well but not top priority… and I just don’t know where to start. 🙂

6. Kyla

August 1st, 2017 at 5:02 pm

Thank you Diana! I am planning to borrow a dear friend’s camera and do a little Googling to see what I can learn about lighting. I used to work as an assistant to a great photographer here in New England so I know a little bit about focusing, but I need lots of practice! 🙂