Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!
Happy Wednesday, Friends! As I shared on Monday, I think it is much more fun to know the person behind the blogs I read. Since I’ve had so many new visitors lately, I am sharing some fun facts about myself this week. If you didn’t catch part one on Monday, it can be read here.
1. I took four years of Latin in high school and can still fully recite the Pledge of Allegiance in Latin.
2. Dillon and I don’t have cable. We hardly watched any TV together while we were dating and engaged, so we decided to not introduce more of it into our marriage. I’m so thankful for that choice!
3. Despite our lack of cable, my favorite show is The Office. I’ve watched the series through too many times to count, and now we watch a few episodes together each week on Netflix. I don’t have a favorite character though!
4. Gilmore Girls was previously my favorite show, and I’m so not okay with the cliffhanger we were left on last Thanksgiving!
5. Five years ago, I had a hairstylist cut long side bangs into my style. About three days later, I decided I didn’t like them anymore and proceeded to pin back that bit of hair like a swoop behind my ear. The bangs are long grown out now, but I still wear my hair like that almost every day – even on our wedding day.
6. My Grammy and Tappy are two of my best friends. I would choose hanging out with them over most things any day. On our wedding day, I ate chicken wings with my Tappy right before I put on my gown (pictured above).
7. While I consider myself to be very frugal, I really appreciate having high-quality things. I typically invest in excellent shampoo and conditioner, great shoes, and everyday staples like jeans.
8. My first-ever job was working as the cashier for Lexus. I felt a lot of responsibility for a 16-year-old, but later opened lots of doors for other jobs.
9. My favorite class in high school was U.S. Civics. I distinctly remember creating an acronym to memorize the departments of the cabinet for fun.
10. Since we don’t (yet – fingers crossed) live in South, Cracker Barrel has become my little New Hampshire haven of Southern goodness. We went there frequently in the months leading up to our wedding. It was more stress-relieving to me than a spa!
I want to know you, too! If you haven’t yet introduced yourself, please take a moment and say hello in the comments below.