Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!
Happy October, Friends! The air is crisp, everything smells like apple and pumpkin, and it is the loveliest. I am so incredibly excited for October and all of the good things it brings!
Y’all, September was beautiful and challenging all at once. Lots of changes happened at work and I started to feel the weight of my twice a week evening shifts. I spent a lot of the month considering where my time is going now compared to where I would like it to go. Dillon and I talked a lot about balance and our desire to have community in our lives and home. In that, I noticed a gaping hole of the things that matter in my schedule. A dear friend challenged me to look at how I’m spending the 24 hours in my day and it has led me to lots of prayer for guidance. I want to do things that bring light and joy to my heart and to our marriage. I’m not sure what that looks like yet but I have some great ideas about it!
With all that being said, I unintentionally forgot about many of my September goals. The beginning of September was the busiest time of year at work and I never filled out my PowerSheets. Never again, y’all. It was humbling to get to the end of the month and dust off my workbook to see those empty pages. It’s never too late to set good goals and never again will I leave a month blank.
Fortunately, despite the many challenges of last month, I accomplished a lot of huge things. I credit this to the maturing of my heart that God has been doing, as well as the lessons I’ve carried with me since Making Things Happen last October. My free time naturally flows to the goals I have for myself and the things that bring me joy, and I’m so thankful for that growth in myself! Instead of sharing the forgotten goals of September, I am sharing the good things that DID happen before we dig into my October 2017 goals.
What I DID do in September:
– start Financial Peace University
– pick up the pace with running and shaved a minute off my pace
– get into a routine of walking for the last half of my commute, which led to hitting 10k every day last week
– together with Dillon, pay down our student loans in a big way
– bought a DSLR camera and started shooting in manual (more on that this week!)
– work hard to currently have an A in both of my courses
– spent sweet, unrushed time with our families
– get a 27 inch iMac thanks to my incredible husband! I will be sharing more about this soon
October 2017 Goals:
– define and implement my plan for getting ahead in shopping for household goods (I plan to blog about this!)
– read The Lifegiving Home
– write out a list of prayers to bring before God, revise it weekly, and pray through it each day
– run three times per week
– organize my side of the closet and swap out my seasonal clothing
– go apple picking
– begin to host a bi-weekly or weekly soup gathering in our home
– pay down our student loans to decrease our monthly payment by $100/month
– buy seasonal decor for our home
– play more worship music and bluegrass music during downtime at home
What do y’all have planned for October? Share a few of your goals in the comments below so I can cheer you on!