Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!
Happy November, Y’all! This is such a sweet month. November brings with it the start to the holiday season, Southern Weddings launches their annual issue (this year marks their 10th anniversary – and my words are included on one of the pages!), and festivity abounds. Dillon and I were driving home from FPU last night when I realized that November 1st marks the introduction of red cups and the day that Target sets up their Christmas displays. Sure enough, we stopped by Target on the way home and they were bringing out the holiday decorations! I am not one of those people who defers Christmas to the day after Thanksgiving. The more celebration the better!
Keeping the busyness of the holiday season in mind, this month’s goals are focused on implementing extra healthy habits and preparing our home for the months ahead. I am determined to declutter and take care of some lingering goals (ahem – name change) before the holidays officially begin. While I accomplished quite a bit in October, I swapped out my book choice and chose to save money on seasonal decor while we tackle of student loans. As much as I wanted to host friends in our home for a recurring soup gathering, Dillon had a work trip at the start of the month and we then attended a wedding and several family parties throughout the month. Instead, I’m excited to make that a priority this month!
October Goals in Review
– define and implement my plan for getting ahead in shopping for household goods
– read The Lifegiving Home
– write out a list of prayers to bring before God, revise it weekly, and pray through it each day
– run three times per week
– organize my side of the closet and swap out my seasonal clothing
– go apple picking
– begin to host a bi-weekly or weekly soup gathering in our home
– pay down our student loans to decrease our monthly payment by $100/month
– buy seasonal decor for our home
– play more worship music and bluegrass music during downtime at home
November 2017 Goals:
– start a jar filled with little memories, inspired by this post
– buy a new NLT Bible (I’ve wanted this one for the longest time!)
– make time for a weekly date night
– begin taking my vitamin again daily (vitamin D, y’all)
– find ten items around our home to sell online so we can invest that money back in tackling our student loans
– finish changing my last name
– do one portrait session per week as I continue to develop my photography skills
– go for a two mile walk or run five days per week
– host friends in our home once per week for dinner, dessert, or a game night
– be in bed, screen free, by 10:30 on weeknights
– think about holiday traditions to start in our family and choose some with Dillon
What do y’all have planned for November? Share a few of your goals in the comments below so I can cheer you on!