Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!
Happy December, Friends! The holiday season is underway and it seems there is festivity on every corner. I am so excited to savor our first married holiday season by establishing traditions and giving back to others. Our calendar is filled with fun, including seeing the Pentatonix in Boston and a few Christmas parties – there is so much to look forward to! Our church is hosting a huge Christmas service on the 22nd at the largest building in the state (local friends, you are invited!) and there are so many opportunities for quality family time. I love this season!
Rather than set lofty goals for December, I set goals that focus on the meaning of the season. There are also a few smaller goals that serve as a continuation for some projects and pursuits I’ve had this fall, to wrap up the year well. I am looking so forward to setting my 2018 goals and preparing for the new year throughout the month instead of scrambling in the last week of December.
November Goals in Review
– start a jar filled with little memories, inspired by this post
– buy a new NLT Bible (I’m holding off on this and using the NIV Bible I already have)
– make time for a weekly date night
– begin taking my vitamin again daily (vitamin D, y’all )
– find ten items around our home to sell online so we can invest that money back in tackling our student loans
– finish changing my last name
– do one portrait session per week as I continue to develop my photography skills
– go for a two mile walk or run five days per week (This proved to be a challenge as the weather got much cooler, but I ran my first 5K so I could that a huge win!)
– host friends in our home once per week for dinner, dessert, or a game night (This was not an every week occurrence, but we hosted Friendsgiving and it was amazing!)
– be in bed, screen free, by 10:30 on weeknights
– think about holiday traditions to start in our family and choose some with Dillon
December 2017 Goals:
– write down prayers in a visible place in our home
– launch my new website
– make Pioneer Woman’s cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning
– read Entreleadership
– keep a Christ-centered focus through daily Advent readings (I plan to use She Reads Truth, starting Sunday!)
– prayerfully set 2018 goals, starting with PowerSheets Prep Week on Monday!
– bake cookies for our neighbors
– enjoy our second-annual Christmas light tour with Dillon’s sisters
– be His hands and feet to someone each week, praying for eyes to see need around us and meeting those needs
What do y’all have planned for December? Share a few of your goals in the comments below so I can cheer you on!