Welcome, dear friend! Here you will find an inside look into my life as a business owner and newlywed, helpful advice from years of studying wedding publications, and snippets of all things delightful as they delight my virtual travels. I'm so glad you're here!
In true New England fashion, a snowstorm is on the way today! I am sipping my morning coffee and can see the flurries just beginning to form outside. Even though the frigid temperatures have been trying this winter, I really like snow storms. There’s something about being snowed in, cozied up with a good book or a project to work on. Today I plan to wrap up some copywriting for my new website (launching next week!) and prepping blog posts for the month.
In all of the excitement of the new year, it’s fitting to share my 2018 inspiration board! Instead of creating one in Illustrator as I usually do, I am sharing my Pinterest board since it is a work in progress.
As a visionary person, I find it helpful to have visual inspiration to accompany my goals and keep me motivated. If you’ve never created an inspiration board before, this is a great time to give it a try! Here are some helpful ideas for ways to create your own:
Create a Pinterest Board
– Create a new board titled ‘2018’
– Gather some favorite pins that fire you up (like this one from my friend Lara!)
– If you get stuck, search for terms that align with your goals (ex: studying the Bible, fitness)
– Bookmark your board to your web browser to revisit throughout the week
Compose a Virtual Collage
– Create a desktop folder titled ‘2018 Inspiration’
– Save images from the web to your folder
– Pull them into Photoshop, Illustrator, or Canva (free!) to arrange them
– Save it, print it, and post it somewhere you will see it often!
– If you share it online, be sure to give proper credit for each image you use!
Get Crafty and Create a Collage
– Gather some magazines and catalogs and clip any image that inspire you.
– Arrange them on a separate sheet of paper and glue to your heart’s content!
– Write quotes, scripture, and words that inspire you around the pictures.
– Hang it somewhere you see everyday.
Have you created a 2018 inspiration board? Share a link to yours below!